What to know before buying from Klever Cages
- Connectors and Pipes
- Designing your project
- Postage Domestic
Connectors and Pipes
What pipe do I buy for connectors I purchased from Klever Cages?
The pipe is required to be AS 1477 Series 1, plumbing PVC pressure pipe.
I have listed the outside diameter of the PVC pipe to fit our connectors below :
20mm PVC pipe outside diameter = 26.67mm
25mm PVC pipe outside diameter = 33.40mm
32mm PVC pipe outside diameter = 42.10mm
40mm PVC pipe outside diameter = 48.26mm
50mm PVC pipe outside diameter = 60.32mm
The above photo is an example of the writing on a Holman brand PVC pipe purchased from Bunnings to fit Klever Cages PVC connectors.
Can I use electrical conduit?
Unfortunately not, as the outside diameter is different from PVC plumbing pipe.
Can I use DWV PVC pipe?
Unfortunately not as DWV pipe is drain, waste and vent pipe and our connectors only fit standard PVC plumbing pressure pipe.
Where can I buy the pipe?
We sell 1m lengths 20mm and 25mm clean pipe on our website, or we have found that the PVC components fit best to PVC pressure pipe (plumbing) available from major hardware and plumbing stores.
Why does my pipe not fit the connectors?
There can be confusion about the sizing of the pipe used to construct with the PVC components.
Hopefully, I can assist with clearing this up below:
- The first thing about PVC pipe is that the size written on it is the nominal bore size diameter, not the actual and not the outside size. To get the OD (outside diameter), ad the internal measurement plus the wall thickness.
- So this means for a PVC pipe marked 20mm the outside diameter will not be 20mm, it will be the nominal internal diameter plus the wall size giving the total diameter.
What is the maximum span for my PVC pipe when constructing my project?
We recommend the below lengths for the different size pipes.
- 20mm pipe no more than 1m
- 25mm pipe no more than 1.5m
Then from there, it is about half a meter each size up. It also depends on what you are using the structure for, but without load, the above is correct.
If you would like to go longer than this, you can use tee pieces or L-tees to give the structure some reinforcement.
Will my project be OK in the sun. UV Stabiliser
Both the connectors and the pipes that we sell are UV stabilised. We have the pipes made custom for us, and they contain (Titanium Dioxide) about 1.5 PPHR so they will last outdoors in our conditions.
Do our PVC pipes contain lead?
There is no lead in the stabiliser.
We use Calcium Zinc stabiliser (CaZn).
What do I do if I require a part that I cannot see on your website?
If you cannot see a part that you require to finish your project, please send us an email, and we can see what we can do.
Designing your PVC project
When designing your project, Klever Cages has supplied some resources that will make the process easier. We have listed them below.
- Photos of PVC projects sent in by our awesome customers. Click here to see them
- Free Plans to give you an idea of how PVC projects assembled. Click here to see free plans.
- Video on the different PVC connectors we supply, how to use them, tutorials and customer photos Click here to see Klever Cages videos.
- We also have a video on our YouTube page " How to plan your Garden cage" which will take you through the design process for a basic garden frame to protect your garden. Click here to see that video. While you are there, please subscribe to our YouTube channel to be sent the latest videos from us.
How to place an order for PVC connectors?
How do I pay by credit card?
You can pay by credit card by using Paypal and Eway.
The requirements for both are listed below.
Eway - do not need to be a registered member
Paypal - requires to be a registered member of Paypal
What is Eway?
EWAY is an Australian based and owned payment gateway. EWAY is an Australian alternative to PayPal. Using EWAY customers can process their payments in real-time.
What is Paypal?
PayPal is an American worldwide online payments system. Online money transfers serve as electronic alternatives to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. PayPal is one of the world's largest internet payment companies.
What is Afterpay?
Afterpay allows you to shop now and pay later for orders over $100. Only available in Australia.
What is a pre-order?
A pre-order is where a product is currently out of stock. We have ordered more and will be back in stock soon. You can tell the product is on pre-order as there is a "pre-order now" button instead of a"add to cart" button. If we have added an expected date, then this will show above the price. Once you have placed a pre-order, you will not need to do anything else. As soon as we receive the supply of the product, we will post it straight out.
We have a flat rate Australia wide, and if you need it that bit quicker, we also offer Express Post.
Price calculation for Express Post cost is by location and weight.
The cost for flat rate postage is below
- 0-1 kg $9
- 1-3 kg $14
- 3-5 kg $19
- 5-7 kg $24
- 7-9 kg $30
Parcels sent via Australia Post, and we aim to dispatch parcels within 24 hours of purchase (business days)
Generally, estimated delivery times for standard post is:
- South East Queensland 3 business days
- Rest of Queensland 4-5 business days
- Sydney 4 business days
- Melbourne 5 business days
- Other Capital Cities 6-7 business days
- Country Areas Varies 4-6+ business days
- Western Australia 7+ business days
- International Orders, please allow at least 3-4 weeks depending on your location.
- Express post - Australia Post only guarantees next day delivery from a capital city to a capital city. As Kingscliff is not a capital city, the next day delivery is not guaranteed.
Please note these are just a guide only. There may be unexpected transit delays also, particularly during peak periods, seasonal holiday times and public holidays, so it is best to allow a little longer than these estimated delivery times.
Our default for parcels is "Authority to leave can be requested by receiver". If you would like "Authority to leave" please put a note on order and where you want it left on the property.
Can we pickup?
No. We are an online store and do not have a "storefront". We do this to keep the costs down and pass the savings onto you.
We now offer international postage.
Postage is calculated by weight, size and location through Australia post.
Please note: The postage price does not include import duties and taxes. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be before purchasing.